By Shirley Chew,David Richards
- An vital advisor for a person looking an authoritative figuring out of the highbrow contexts of Postcolonialism, bringing jointly 10 unique essays from major overseas students together with C. L. Innes and Susan Bassnett
- Explains the information and practises that emerged from the dismantling of ecu empires
- Explores the ways that those principles and practices inspired the period's keynote matters, equivalent to race, tradition, and identification; literary and cultural translations; and the politics of resistance
- Chapters disguise the fields of id experiences, orality and literacy, nationalisms, feminism, anthropology and cultural feedback, the politics of rewriting, new geographies, publishing and advertising, translation studies.
- Features an invaluable Chronology of the interval, thorough basic bibliography, and publications to additional reading
Read or Download A Concise Companion to Postcolonial Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
There are seven surviving tragedies via Sophocles. 3 of them shape the Theban performs, which recount the tale of Thebes in the course of and after the reign of Oedipus. right here, David Slavitt interprets the remainder tragedies—the "other 4 plays:" Ajax, ladies of Trachis, Electra, and Philoctetes. Punchy and interesting, Slavitt reads Athena's starting line in Ajax as: "I’ve acquired my eye on you, Odysseus.
Studying novels written in nineteenth-century England and all through lots of the West, in addition to philosophical essays at the notion of fictional shape, Felicia Bonaparte sees the unconventional during this interval now not because the continuation of eighteenth-century "realism," as has regularly been assumed, yet as a style unto itself.
The Cambridge advent to British Poetry, 1945–2010 offers a huge assessment of a huge physique of poetry from England, Scotland, Wales, and northern eire from the postwar interval via to the twenty-first century. It deals a complete view of the old context surrounding the poetry and offers in-depth readings of some of the period's crucial poets.
A Desk-Book of blunders in EnglishFrank Horace Vizetelly, English-American lexicographer, etymologist and editor (1864-1938)This booklet offers «A Desk-Book of mistakes in English», from Frank Horace Vizetelly. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen. desk of Contents- approximately This booklet- creation- A- B- C- D- E- F- G- H- I- J- okay- L- M- N- O- P- Q- R- S- T- U- V- W- Y- Z
- The theme of rape in elizabethan and jacobean literary texts
- Rilke’s Late Poetry: Duino Elegies, The Sonnets to Orpheus and Selected Last Poems
- Orhan Pamuk, Secularism and Blasphemy: The Politics of the Turkish Novel
- Literature, Politics and Culture in Postwar Britain (Classic Criticism)
Extra info for A Concise Companion to Postcolonial Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)