By Cherene Sherrard-Johnson
A spouse to the Harlem Renaissance provides a finished choice of unique essays that tackle the literature and tradition of the Harlem Renaissance from the tip of global battle I to the center of the 1930s.
- Represents the main accomplished assurance of subject matters and special new views at the Harlem Renaissance available
- Features unique contributions from either rising students of the Harlem Renaissance and confirmed educational “stars” within the field
- Offers various interdisciplinary beneficial properties, equivalent to the part on visible and expressive arts, that emphasize the collaborative nature of the era
- Includes “Spotlight Readings” that includes lesser identified figures of the Harlem Renaissance and newly found or undervalued writings through canonical figures
Read or Download A Companion to the Harlem Renaissance (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
There are seven surviving tragedies via Sophocles. 3 of them shape the Theban performs, which recount the tale of Thebes in the course of and after the reign of Oedipus. right here, David Slavitt interprets the rest tragedies—the "other 4 plays:" Ajax, ladies of Trachis, Electra, and Philoctetes. Punchy and interesting, Slavitt reads Athena's establishing line in Ajax as: "I’ve bought my eye on you, Odysseus.
Studying novels written in nineteenth-century England and all through lots of the West, in addition to philosophical essays at the belief of fictional shape, Felicia Bonaparte sees the radical during this interval no longer because the continuation of eighteenth-century "realism," as has as a rule been assumed, yet as a style unto itself.
The Cambridge advent to British Poetry, 1945–2010 offers a large assessment of an immense physique of poetry from England, Scotland, Wales, and northerly eire from the postwar interval via to the twenty-first century. It bargains a entire view of the ancient context surrounding the poetry and gives in-depth readings of a few of the period's important poets.
A Desk-Book of error in EnglishFrank Horace Vizetelly, English-American lexicographer, etymologist and editor (1864-1938)This book offers «A Desk-Book of blunders in English», from Frank Horace Vizetelly. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen. desk of Contents- approximately This booklet- advent- A- B- C- D- E- F- G- H- I- J- ok- L- M- N- O- P- Q- R- S- T- U- V- W- Y- Z
- Anatomy of a Short Story: Nabokov's Puzzles, Codes, "Signs and Symbols"
- The Silver Fork Novel: Fashionable Fiction in the Age of Reform (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- Voß’ Übersetzungssprache: Voraussetzungen, Kontexte, Folgen (Transformationen der Antike) (German Edition)
- The Routledge Companion to Russian Literature (Routledge Companions)
Extra resources for A Companion to the Harlem Renaissance (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)