By Greg W. Zacharias
- Provides an important, updated connection with the paintings and scholarship of Henry James
- Features the writing of a variety of James scholars
- Places James’s writings inside of nationwide contexts—American, English, French, and Italian
- Offers either an summary of up to date James scholarship and a innovative source for learning very important person topics
Read or Download A Companion to Henry James (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
There are seven surviving tragedies through Sophocles. 3 of them shape the Theban performs, which recount the tale of Thebes in the course of and after the reign of Oedipus. the following, David Slavitt interprets the rest tragedies—the "other 4 plays:" Ajax, girls of Trachis, Electra, and Philoctetes. Punchy and enjoyable, Slavitt reads Athena's establishing line in Ajax as: "I’ve obtained my eye on you, Odysseus.
Interpreting novels written in nineteenth-century England and all through many of the West, in addition to philosophical essays at the belief of fictional shape, Felicia Bonaparte sees the radical during this interval no longer because the continuation of eighteenth-century "realism," as has mostly been assumed, yet as a style unto itself.
The Cambridge advent to British Poetry, 1945–2010 presents a extensive evaluate of a massive physique of poetry from England, Scotland, Wales, and northerly eire from the postwar interval via to the twenty-first century. It deals a entire view of the old context surrounding the poetry and gives in-depth readings of the various period's principal poets.
A Desk-Book of error in EnglishFrank Horace Vizetelly, English-American lexicographer, etymologist and editor (1864-1938)This book provides «A Desk-Book of mistakes in English», from Frank Horace Vizetelly. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen. desk of Contents- approximately This ebook- creation- A- B- C- D- E- F- G- H- I- J- okay- L- M- N- O- P- Q- R- S- T- U- V- W- Y- Z
- Faulkner: Masks and Metaphors
- The Sky of Our Manufacture: The London Fog in British Fiction from Dickens to Woolf (Under the Sign of Nature)
- After 1945: Latency as Origin of the Present
- The Cambridge Companion to Alexander Pope (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- John the Savage and the Bard of Stratford. Shakespeare's Influence on John the Savage in Huxley's "Brave New World"
- Unreliable Narration and Trustworthiness: Intermedial and Interdisciplinary Perspectives (Narratologia)
Extra resources for A Companion to Henry James (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)